We’re on the hunt for a Brand Strategist to join an international design agency in Amsterdam. Collaborating with a mix of clients you'll work across everything from brand strategy to innovation workshops, range architecture to naming.
- In support of the Strategy team, provide brand strategy input to live projects and pitches being run by companies within the agency group. This could include implementing the Brand Definition and Creative Strategy offers and/or providing marketing/branding and market research thinking, advice and guidance and facilitating creative workshops to creating inspiring Brandworlds for clients’ brands.
- Contributing to the development and bringing to market of new brand strategy offers. Sharing an understanding of brand strategy and innovation offers and providing sales support for them to client management. Contributing to the strategic voice of the agency, both internally and externally.
- Definition and evaluation of potential new business opportunities with both existing and new clients. Formulating fresh and stimulating views on issues, which are or will be important to our clients and to the offer of the agency.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Supporting the Strategy team through strategy input on nominated major pitches (proposal writing for Strategy project phases)
- Supporting the Strategy team through strategy input on branding and design projects (chargeability to 70% time)
- Maintaining good relationships with client management and creative teams
- Maintaining knowledge of Brand Strategy and Innovation offers among client handlers and creative teams
- Supporting the Strategy team in workshops and many and various client-facing meetings and sessions
- Supporting the Strategy team in pure brand consultancy projects (e.g. Brand Architecture, training, guardianship etc.)
- Contributing to the development, marketing and implementation of brand strategy services
- Preparation of initiatives (with appropriate assistance)
- Working closely with Brand Insight Researchers, Brand Planners and Group roles in other offices of a similar nature
- Contributing to the strategic voice of the agency through blogs and thought pieces
- Inspiring creativity across the businesses by providing compelling insights, best practise, opinions and research from the outside world
- Drive knowledge sharing across the Strategy team using online knowledge sharing hubs and other tools and forums.
- Guiding and mentoring Brand Insight Researchers through their activities if applicable.
As someone with 5-8 years of planning/strategy/insights experience under your belt you'll have a clear understanding of the role that creative strategy plays in inspiring visual and verbal identities, packaging design and brand assets. With impeccable English you'll be an articulate thinker who can distil stats, trends and insights into a simple, clear and cohesive story, and you’ll be comfortable presenting your perspectives on brands, business and consumers, too. Experience in the worlds of beauty / personal care will also form a significant part of your background. As a person you are a cultural sponge, seeing the bigger picture but knowing the importance of the detail, positive and entrepreneurial.
Our client is an international brand design agency creating compellingly original brand experiences from the exceptional every day, to the exclusive and extraordinary. And with well over two decades of living and breathing brand design, they are really rather good at it too. They’ve grown four studios in London, Amsterdam, New York and Singapore.
International in every sense, the team welcomes people from all around the world with dynamic talent and a restless passion for design. They have grown to over 70 people in their wonderful studio in Amsterdam, filled with creative spirit and life, collaborative and enviable clients list, its exciting times at this agency.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of first class brands within a truly dynamic team. Salary is around € 60-65k a year, including 8% holiday allowance.